TERMS & CONDITIONS
No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and Our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon Our sending a confirmation email to you indicating that your order has been accepted.
All our courses are NON-REFUNDABLE. You also understand that the content on this website is intended for Healthcare Professionals only and you confirm that you are a Healthcare Professional upon purchasing our digital product.
OBS : The digital content on our website to which you will have access under the terms of your subscription is designed to build on and supplement knowledge gained at live courses. It is not a substitute for appropriate training and qualifications. Estetisk Star Akademy digital content may only be used in connection with your own business purposes.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
2. Age Restrictions
3. Business Customers
4. Intellectual Property
- 4.1 Subject to the exceptions in Clause 5 of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of CENTORIC AB, Our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws.
- 4.2 Subject to Clause 6 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given Our express written permission to do so.
5. Third Party Intellectual Property
- 5.1 Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
- 5.2 Subject to Clause 6 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
6. Fair Use of Intellectual Property
7. Links to Other Websites
8. Links to this Website
9. Use of Communications Facilities
- 9.1 When using any System on the Website you should do so in accordance with the following rules. Failure to comply with these rules may result in your Account being suspended or closed:
- 9.1.1 You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- 9.1.2 You must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- 9.1.3 You must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- 9.1.4 It is advised that submissions are made using the English language as We may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
- 9.1.5 The means by which you identify yourself must not violate these Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws;
- 9.1.6 You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of XXX Ltd or Our affiliates; and
- 9.1.7 You must not use Our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as "spam" or "junk mail".
- 9.2 You acknowledge that XXX Ltd reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to Us or using Our System.
- 9.3 You acknowledge that XXX Ltd may retain copies of any and all communications made to Us or using Our System.
- 9.4 You acknowledge that any information you send to Us through Our System may be modified by Us in any way and you hereby waive your moral right to be identified as the author of such information. Any restrictions you may wish to place upon Our use of such information must be communicated to Us in advance and We reserve the right to reject such terms and associated information.
- 10.1 In order to procure Services on this Website and to use certain other parts of the System, you are required to create an Account which will contain certain personal details and Payment Information which may vary based upon your use of the Website as We may not require payment information until you wish to make a purchase. By continuing to use this Websiteyou represent and warrant that:
- 10.1.1 all information you submit is accurate and truthful;
- 10.1.2 you have permission to submit Payment Information where permission may be required; and
- 10.1.3 you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Your creation of an Account is further affirmation of your representation and warranty.
- 10.2 It is recommended that you do not share your Account details, particularly your username and password. We accept no liability for any losses or damages incurred as a result of your Account details being shared by you. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your Account details in your internet browser.
- 10.3 If you have reason to believe that your Account details have been obtained by another person without consent, you should contact Us immediately to suspend your Account and cancel any unauthorised orders or payments that may be pending. Please be aware that orders or payments can only be cancelled up until provision of Services has commenced. In the event that an unauthorised provision commences prior to your notifying Us of the unauthorised nature of the order or payment then you shall be charged for the period from the commencement of the provision of services until the date you notified us and may be charged for a billing cycle of one month.
- 10.4 When choosing your username you are required to adhere to the terms set out above in Clause 9. Any failure to do so could result in the suspension and/or deletion of your Account.
11. Termination and Cancellation of Accounts
- 11.1 Either CENTORIC AB or you may terminate your Account. If We terminate your Account, you will be notified by email and an explanation for the termination will be provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing, We reserve the right to terminate without giving reasons.
- 11.2 If We terminate your Account, any current or pending orders or payments on your Account will be cancelled and provision of Services will not commence.
12. Services, Pricing and Availability
- 12.1 Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all general descriptions of Services available from CENTORIC AB correspond to the actual Services that will be provided to you, We are not responsible for any variations from these descriptions as the exact nature of the Services may vary depending on your individual requirements and circumstances. This does not exclude Our liability for mistakes due to negligence on Our part and refers only to variations of the correct Services, not different Services altogether. Please refer to sub-Clause 13.8 for incorrect Services.
- 12.2 Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required Plan of Services.
- 12.3 We neither represent nor warrant that such Services will be available at all times and cannot necessarily confirm availability until confirming your Order. Availability indications are not provided on the Website.
- 12.4 All pricing information on the Website is correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary.
- 12.5 In the event that prices are changed during the period between an order being placed for Services and Us processing that order and taking payment, then the price that was valid at the time of the order shall be used.
- 12.6 All prices on the Website do not include VAT. In accordance with HM Revenue & Customs VAT Notice 700/1 (February 2014) and supplements thereof, XXX Ltd is not yet liable for VAT and therefore not VAT registered and does not possess a VAT number.
13. Orders and Provision of Services
- 13.1 No part of this Website constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our acceptance is indicated by Us sending to you an order confirmation email. Only once We have sent you an order confirmation email will there be a binding contract between CENTORIC AB and you.
- 13.2 Order confirmations under sub-Clause 13.1 will be sent to you before the Services begin and shall contain the following information:
- 13.2.1 Confirmation of the Services ordered including full details of the main characteristics of those Services;
- 13.2.2 Fully itemised pricing for the Services ordered including, where appropriate, taxes, delivery and other additional charges;
- 13.2.3 Relevant times and dates for the provision of the Services;
- 13.2.4 User credentials and relevant information for accessing those services.
- 13.3 If We, for any reason, do not accept your order, no payment shall be taken under normal circumstances. In any event, any sums paid by you in relation to that order will be refunded within 14 calendar days.
- 13.4 Payment for the Services shall be taken via your chosen payment method, immediately for any setup fee that corresponds to the service plan you purchased and at the same day of each subsequent month (“billing cycle”) for charges accrued during the previous month (“billing cycle”) AND/OR as indicated in the order confirmation you received.
- 13.5 We aim to fulfill your Order within 2-3 working days or if not, within a reasonable period following your Order, unless there are exceptional circumstances. If we cannot fulfill your Order within a reasonable period, we will inform you at the time you place the Order by a note on the relevant web page or by contacting you directly after you place your Order. Time is not of the essence of the Contract, which means we will aim to fulfill your Order within any agreed timescales but this is not an essential term of the Contract and we will not be liable to you if we do not do so. If the Services are to begin within 14 calendar days of Our acceptance of your order, at your express request, you will be required to expressly acknowledge that your statutory cancellation rights, detailed below in Clause 14, will be affected.
- 13.6 XXX Ltd shall use all Our reasonable endeavours to provide the Services with reasonable skill and care, commensurate with best trade practice.
- 13.7 In the event that Services are provided that are not in conformity with your order and thus incorrect, you should contact Us immediately to inform Us of the mistake. We will ensure that any necessary corrections are made within five (5) working days.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply to the provision of certain Services. You will be asked to read and confirm your acceptance of any such terms and conditions when completing your Order.
- 13.8 XXX provides technical support via our online support forum and/or phone. XXX makes any effort possible to respond to support requests within 30 minutes during European business hours (9am to 8pm ECT), but we do not guarantee a particular response time.
14. Cancellation of Orders and Services
- 14.1 If you are a consumer based within the European Union, you have a statutory right to a “cooling off” period. This period begins once your order is confirmed and the contract between CENTORIC AB and you is formed and ends at the end of 14 calendar days after that date. If you change your mind about the Services within this period and wish to cancel your order, please inform Us immediately using the following email: email@example.com. Your right to cancel during the cooling off period is subject to the provisions of sub-Clause 14.2.
- 14.2 As specified in sub-Clause 13.6, if the Services are to begin within the cooling off period you are required to make an express request to that effect. By requesting that the Services begin within the 14 calendar day cooling off period you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- 14.2.1 If the Services are fully performed within the 14 calendar day cooling off period, you will lose your right to cancel after the Services are complete.
- 14.2.2 If you cancel the Services after provision has begun but is not yet complete you will still be required to pay for the Services supplied up until the point at which you inform Us that you wish to cancel. The amount due shall be calculated in proportion to the full price of the Services and the actual Services already provided. Any sums that have already been paid for the Services shall be refunded subject to deductions calculated in accordance with the foregoing. Refunds, where applicable, will be issued within 5 working days and in any event no later than 14 calendar days after you inform Us that you wish to cancel.
- 14.3 Cancellation of Services after the 14 calendar day cooling off period has elapsed shall be subject to the specific terms governing those Services and may be subject to a minimum contract duration.
16. How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- 16.1 All personal information that We may collect (including, but not limited to, your name and address) will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights under that Act.
- 16.2 We may use your personal information to:
- 16.2.1 Provide Our Services to you;
- 16.2.2 Process your payment for the Services; and
- 16.2.3 Inform you of new products and services available from Us. You may request that We stop sending you this information at any time.
- 16.3 In certain circumstances (if, for example, you wish to purchase Services on credit), and with your consent, We may pass your personal information on to credit reference agencies. These agencies are also bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 and should use and hold your personal information accordingly.
- 16.4 We will not pass on your personal information to any other third parties without first obtaining your express permission.
- 17.1 We make no warranty or representation that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Service or Services.
- 17.2 No part of this Website is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- 17.3 No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
- 17.4 Whilst We use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, you are strongly advised to take responsibility for your own internet security, that of your personal details and your computers.
- 17.5 Our courses are designed for informational purposes and Estetisk Star Academy or CENTORIC AB is not responsible or liable in cases of complications or issues that might happen during treatment of patients after following tips from our courses. Upon signing up for our courses, the individual takes full responsibility for any damage or problems that might arise.
18. Changes to the Facilities and these Terms and Conditions
19. Availability of the Website
- 19.1 The Website is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. XXX uses industry best practices to provide a high uptime, including a fault-tolerant architecture hosted in cloud servers. We give no warranty that the Website or Facilities will be free of defects and / or faults and we do not provide any kind of refund for outages. We provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
- 19.2 We accept no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
20. Limitation of Liability
- 20.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, We accept no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or any information contained therein. You should be aware that you use the Website and its Content at your own risk.
- 20.2 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts LearnWolds Ltd’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of LearnWolds Ltd.
- 20.3 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts LearnWolds Ltd’s liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising out of the incorrect provision of Services or out of reliance on incorrect information included on the Website.
- 20.4 In the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Terms and Conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
21. No Waiver
22. Previous Terms and Conditions
23. Third Party Rights
- 24.1 All notices / communications shall be given to Us either by post to Our Premises (see address above) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
- 24.2 We may from time to time, if you opt to receive it, send you information about Our products and/or services. If you do not wish to receive such information, please click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email which you receive from Us.
25. Law and Jurisdiction
Our policy is to respect each other's contributions and give all members, educators and faculty the same level of respect that we wish to receive. We kindly ask that all members, educators, and faculty please abide by the Estetisk Star Academy policies, rules, regulations and responsibilities below:
- Respect the diversity of opinions among the educator and members and engage with them in a courteous, respectful, and professional manner
- Maintain an environment free of abusive conduct such as harassment, stalking, threats, intimidation, bullying, abuse, insults, or humiliation toward the educator and members. This includes, but is not limited to demeaning written or oral comments of an ethnic, religious, age, disability, sexist (or sexual orientation) or racist nature; and any unwanted sexual advances, comments or intimidations by email, on discussion boards or other postings within or connected to the learning management system (LMS).
- Respect the professional authority of the faculty and educators to manage the modules and comply with any faculty requests related to maintaining an environment free from bullying, threats, harassment, or coercion related to grading and the application of institutional policies and procedures.
The practices of courtesy and respect that apply in the ordinary classroom also apply online and require even more attention. Here are some guidelines and tips:
- Participate. Your comments add to the information, the shared learning, and the sense of community in each course. This is a simple but a crucial tip. It takes some time for discussions to build up momentum, so you will need to return to a discussion frequently to track and channel its development.
- Share tips and questions. For many of us, taking online courses is a new frontier. There are no bad questions, and even if you think your solution is obvious, please share it by posting it on the Discussion Board.
- Think before you send. Did you say what you meant? How will the other person read the words? While you cannot anticipate all reactions, do read over what you have written before you send it.
- Accurately express yourself. Remember that we cannot see the grin on your face when you make a sarcastic comment, we cannot see the concern on your face if you only say a couple of words, and we cannot read your mind and fill in the gaps if you abbreviate your comments, so help others "see" you by explaining your ideas fully.
- Ask for feedback. If you are not sure how your ideas and comments will be taken, ask for more information. Remember there is a person on the other side. If you disagree with what someone said, practice your communication skills to express your disagreement
- "Flaming," "flying off the handle," and/or ranting is unacceptable. Most of us would not act this way in a face-to-face classroom, and it is not tolerated here.
- Derogatory or inappropriate comments will not be tolerated. Offensive remarks regarding race, gender, age, religion, or sexual orientation are unacceptable and subject to the same disciplinary action that they would receive were to occur in a physical classroom. If you have concerns about something that has been said, please immediately inform the Membership Service Department.
- Participate by commenting. A discussion should be more than a series of postings. Someone may reply to your comment, asking for clarification or presenting a different opinion. Check the discussion's progress a day or two after you have posted your comments and address your fellow members’ and/or your educator’s response to your initial post.
- Be clear and concise. If you have several different ideas to bring into a discussion, start a new post for each idea, and give each thread a clear, descriptive title. This way other members can engage with each idea in depth, and participants can easily find the topics that most interest them.
- Engage directly with your fellow members. If each participant in the discussion makes a special effort to relate to ideas voiced by other participants, the discussion will maintain a sense of coherence. Briefly mention which specific points you are responding to whenever possible.
- Choose informative subject lines for your posts. Your subject line should be a short summary of your post.
- Take time to organize your thoughts before posting. You want everyone to read and understand your comment, so present it in an organized, easy-to-read manner. Provide only the most essential information in your post. If people want further details, they will ask for them in a reply. When your comment contains a lot of material, try to break up the information into short sections by category.
- Avoid discussion posts that offer little more than "I agree.” Your postings should be thorough and thoughtful. Each discussion posting should offer new content, to foster continued exploration of the topic. While your opinion is important, back it with new evidence or information. Raise new questions, and keep track of issues that have not been fully investigated in previous posts.
- Discussions are an exchange, not a lecture. Solicit feedback from your fellow members. You should take a clear position in your post, but it is a good idea to invite alternative perspectives. What new questions or problems arise from the position you are taking? How does your position relate to the position taken by other participants?
- Please do not forget to include reference citations. To avoid plagiarism, be sure to cite all materials you use in your postings.
Our courses are designed for informational purposes and Estetisk Star Academy or CENTORIC AB is not responsible or liable in cases of complications or issues that might happen during treatment of patients after following tips from our courses. Upon signing up for our courses, the individual takes full responsibility for any damage or problems that might arise. Users are verified upon signing up and it's your sole responsibility to provide genuine proofs of certificates and other legal documents, CENTORIC AB will not be liable to any damage in cases where legal certificates have been editted, changed, faked or stolen.
You are allowed only to treat patients with Botox and Fillers according to the current law of Sweden. In cases of any misuse of the information in our courses, CENTORIC AB or Dr. Nurmaan Earally will not be held accountable or liable for any damage.